November 8, 2014
Collection of Information
Information You Provide. At various times, you may decide to provide us with your personal information. You should know that we receive and may store all personal information (whether written or oral) that you provide to us. This includes personal information provided to us through any means, including, without limitation, through our Site, via e-mail, over the telephone, and through a social media service (for example Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest).
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to purchase products or take advantage of many of our promotions, features, or services. In this policy, “personal information” means any information by which you may be identified or contacted, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, phone number, physical address, or email address. In addition, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, and credit card information.
We may collect information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device, when you download or use our mobile application.
Use of Personal Information:
We may use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- Facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request,
- Confirm and track your order,
- Respond to your comments, inquiries and requests,
- Compare and review your Information for errors, omissions, and accuracy,
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse,
- Provide and improve our services and product offerings and develop new ones,
- Improve marketing and promotional efforts and overall customer experience,
- Identify your product and service preferences,
- Offer you personalized content, including by providing customized content and advertising,
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior,
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions,
- Process or respond to your application for current or future career opportunities,
- Contact you regarding products and services (of Droste's Jewelry Shoppes, Inc.) that we believe may be of interest to you, and other uses with your consent.
We value your comments, feedback, testimonials, etc., which help us improve our services and products. By making such submissions to us, you assign your rights in the submissions to us.
Information that We May
Share with Others:
share your information, including personal information, as follows:
We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf including: shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, web-hosting, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, and emailing.
If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), Droste's Jewelry Shoppes may share your information with those organizations participating in the applicable event.
Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection:
We may disclose your information:
- When we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- In order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction;
- To enforce any agreement we have with you.
Your information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which case information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company.
Children under 13:
Droste's Jewelry Shoppes does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC's website at http://www.ftc.gov/ for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Accessing and Updating Your Information:
If you have signed up for a Droste's account, or as a Droste's Jewelry Shoppes Premiere Club Member, you can review and change certain personal information relating to your Droste's Jewelry Shoppes account or Premiere Club Membership at any time by logging on to your account, or to your Premiere Membership. Otherwise, to learn more, please contact us as set forth below.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to continue to hear from us.
To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you:
- Select "unsubscribe" on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails;
- Write to Droste's Jewelry Shoppes, Inc. at 4511 First Avenue, Evansville, In 47710 (a "postal request").
- To opt out of telephone promotions, you can tell us when we call you or you can send us a postal request.
- To opt out of postal mail promotions, please send us a postal request.
Opting out of communication with us does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to your orders with us or other transactional emails.
Where required by law, we obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of data collection for the processing of (i) personal information for marketing purposes and (ii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
How to Contact Us:
Droste's Jewelry Shoppes, Inc.
4511 First Avenue
Droste's Jewelry Shoppes, Inc. is the entity responsible for the collection and processing of your personal information.